Imphal: The youngest COVID-19 patient in Manipur – one and half month old baby from Churachandpur district – has been discharged from the hospital along with his mother and aunt after they tested negative on Monday.
They had returned from Chennai by train and tested positive for COVID-19 on May 20. They were undergoing treatment at COVID-19 Care facility at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS).
Chief minister N Biren Singh took to his Twitter handle and broke the news by saying, “Great news! Mrs Chinlunming & her baby who is only 1 and half months old along with her aunt Miss Dimnunhoih have been discharged today after they tested negative.”
Salute to the frontline #CovidWarriors, especially the health workers of #JNIMS for their dedication, he added.
With this, the total number of recovered persons has increased to 14.
On Monday, Manipur has recorded a total number of COVID-19 positive cases at 83 and now the active cases has gone down to 69.
Meanwhile, the total 1,337 samples, 803 samples at JNIMS and another 537 samples at RIMS, were tested on Monday, of which five detected positive for COVID-19, Singh said.
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules