Imphal: Four more returnees from Delhi and Pune have tested positive for COVID-19 on Tuesday, taking the number of confirmed cases in Manipur to 89. The total number of active cases stand at 75.
14 persons, including a 35-day-old baby boy from Churachandpur, were discharged from the hospital on Tuesday after recovering. The baby was the youngest COVID-19 patient in the state.
“All the latest positive cases belong to Imphal West district. Three of them were returned from Delhi while the remaining were from Pune,” informed additional health director, Dr Sasheekumar Mangang.
One sample was tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) and the remaining three were tested at VRDL at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS). Dr Mangang further said that the patients will be shifted to a COVID-19 Care facility at RIMS and JNIMS for observation. Since the four persons had returned from metro cities, preventive measures like contact tracing and containment process are being done.
- Kerala landslide toll touches 18 as rescuers dig deeper
- Father’s responsibilities wouldn’t end at son attaining 18 years age: Delhi HC
- Weight loss & fad diets: Know the pros and cons before taking drastic steps
- Five natural homemade face packs for every skin type
- Plan to develop tourist circuit of places travelled by Srimanta Sankardev: Assam CM
- Assam reports 269 new COVID-19 cases