Imphal: Two more persons, including a 50-year-old woman from Imphal West have tested positive for COVID-19, with this the total confirmed cases in the state stands at 85. There are currently 74 active cases while 11 persons recovered from the virus.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, the two new positive cases are returnees from Mumbai and Delhi.
Their samples were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS). They two positive persons are being shifted to COVID-19 Care facility at RIMS for further treatment.
Since the latest cases were returnees from metro cities, various preventive measures, including contact tracing and containment process has been initiated by the government. Manipur has also scaled up its testing capacity.
On Monday, a total of 1,337 samples, 803 samples at JNIMS and another 537 samples at RIMS, were tested on Monday, of which five detected positive for COVID-19, as per the official.
- India sees over 18K new COVID-19 cases, 160 deaths
- Humbling experience: Salma Hayek on playing superhero in her 50s
- Right to seek default’ bail indefeasible part of right to personal liberty: HC
- CoWIN can be customised, scaled up for health interventions: MEA official
- Sikkim reports 17 fresh COVID-19 cases, one new fatality
- Arunachal a goldmine for adventure tourism: Mountaineer Anshu Jamsenpa