Guwahati: In the view of detection of COVID-19 patients from Bishnupur, Krishna Nagar in Guwahati has been delcared as a containment zone and the area is to be sealed effective immediately on Tuesday.
An order from the office of the deputy commissioner said that the area has been sealed in the interest of maintenance of public hygience and to further prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the area. The boundary of the containment zone is- North: Arjya College; South: Jute Mill; East: Government ITI and West: Bishnupur Road.
“Any unauthorised entry and exit into the notified containment zone are barred till the area is declared safe as per guidelines of Ministry of Health & Family Wlefare, GOI,” said the order.
Any movement of unauthorised individual and vehicle is prohibited in the area. Any violatioin of the order will attract actions under the provisions of Assam COVID-19 Regulations, 2020; the Disaster Managemnt Acr, 2005; the Epidemic Deseases Act, 1897 and other relevant laws of the nation.
Also, Dinesh Ojha Path in Guwahati which was declared a containment zone earlier in May, has been withdrawn with effect from Tuesday.
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework
- Sri Lanka must correct its ‘errors and failures’: President at 75th I-Day
- Nagaland govt restrict drugs sale to fight drug menace, pharma trafficking
- Assam: Chargesheet against doctors, magistrate in minor’s murder case
- Nagaland: Rs. 28.96 cr in cash, IMFL, drugs seized ahead of Assembly polls