Agartala: With another 102 person testing positive,Tripura registered highest spike for a single day on Monday.
Taking to twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb announced this development, “Alert ~102 people found COVID-19 #POSITIVE today in Tripura Out of 578 samples tested. All of them have travel history.
As the numbers are rising, I urge everyone to stay extra concious, follow the Govt instructions and co-operate with us.
Presently Tripura has 247 active COVID-19 cases, among them 142 are being treated at COVID care centre and one in COVID-19 hospital at GB Pant hospital, while rest of them are being brought to the COVID care centre. So far 173 of them have been discharged after recovery, while state has 7,069 tests per million.
A total of 33, 235 persons were placed under surveillance, out of which 20,152 persons were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. While there are 464 persons in facility quarantine while 12,619 persons in-home quarantine as on Saturday.
On Monday, over 977 samples were collected from across the state and 850 samples including samples of those who returned by Indigo are being tested. A total of 30,008 samples have been collected of which 28,218 samples have been tested.
On Sunday 45 passengers had tested positive which includes 2 from West district, 6 from Gomati, 3 from South, 4 Dhalai, Unakoti 2, North 1 and Sepahijala 27 persons. All of them had returned from Chennai.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion