Guwahati: Another 22 persons tested positive for COVID-19 aka coronavirus in Assam on Monday night. With this, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases has gone up to 1,485 in the state.
The latest cases include 10 from Kamrup (Rural), six from Morigaon, three air travellers, two from Goalpara and one to ascertain.
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ 22 new cases of #COVID19+
10 Kamrup Rural, 6 Morigaon, 3 air traveller, 2 Goalpara, 1 to ascertain
Total cases 1485
Active cases 1194
Update 11:55 PM / June 1 / Day’s total 124”
Assam has reported 1,485 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 284 patients have been discharged, four have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 1,194 active cases.
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths
- Mizoram: 1,121 test COVID-19 positive, infection rate at 14.35%
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study
- Security forces apprehend one militant in Manipur
- What improved survival chances in COVID-linked black fungus cases?
- Govt draws flak over appointment of party worker as officer in CMO