Imphal: Three persons, who recently returned to Manipur from outside the state, tested COVID-19 positive on Monday, taking the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 81, said a senior government official.
Now, the total number of active cases in the state has increased to 70, after 11 persons recovered from the virus.
Samples of the three persons belonging to Chandel district were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS).
With this, the number of cases of COVID-19 has increased to four in Chandel district. They will be admitted at COVID-19 care facility at JNIMS for treatment, the official said.
Earlier, seven returnees from various metro cities, including one woman from Thoubal district, tested COVID-19 positive on Sunday night at VRDLs at JNIMS and RIMS.
As per the official, they have admitted at COVID-19 care facility at JNIMS and RIMS for further observation, adding that they are in stable condition.
- Process for legal scientific mining starts in Meghalaya
- India-US relationship not narrowed to bilateral gains: Jaishankar
- Chinese loan apps: ED freezes Rs 9.82 cr worth funds kept in payment gateway accounts
- Pakistan’s new finance minister Ishaq Dar no longer a ‘proclaimed offender’
- India-China ties have great bearing on world: Chinese envoy
- Top 5 Anime and Manga theme attractions in real life you didn’t know about