Agartala: The Tripura Board of Secondary Education (TBSE) has postponed the Class X and XII examinations for the pending papers for the second time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The board had earlier announced re-scheduled the exam dates for the pending papers of Madhyamik (Class X) and Higher Secondary (Class XII) examinations from June 5 to 11.
Speaking with reporters, Bhabatosh Saha, president of TBSE, said that the exams were supposed to be conducted for the pending papers from between June 5 to June 11. “The board examinations of Class X and XII for the new syllabus were over, except for some of the subjects from the old syllabus. We are yet to decide the next schedule for these papers,” Saha said.
A total of 27,142 candidates had enrolled for Class XII examinations; among them, 8,749 candidates were supposed to take the examinations for the pending papers.
The re-scheduled examination was fixed for subjects like Sanskrit, statistics, economics, psychology, home management and home nursing and nutrition, Arabic, music and geography.
Meanwhile, for the Madhyamik examinations, a total of 309 students out of the total 39,917 enrolled students are yet to take their pending exams. These papers include physical science and life science.
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths
- Former Pak captain Inzamam-ul-Haq undergoes emergency angioplasty
- Afghanistan, Myanmar will not address UN General Assembly: UN official
- Mizoram consumer affairs minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Protests over landfill site in West Jaintia Hills prompts govt action
- Online portal in employment exchanges among 4 govt initiatives launched by Assam CM