Agartala: The Tripura Board of Secondary Education (TBSE) has postponed the Class X and XII examinations for the pending papers for the second time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The board had earlier announced re-scheduled the exam dates for the pending papers of Madhyamik (Class X) and Higher Secondary (Class XII) examinations from June 5 to 11.
Speaking with reporters, Bhabatosh Saha, president of TBSE, said that the exams were supposed to be conducted for the pending papers from between June 5 to June 11. “The board examinations of Class X and XII for the new syllabus were over, except for some of the subjects from the old syllabus. We are yet to decide the next schedule for these papers,” Saha said.
Also Read: Tripura’s cart puller wins praise at PM’s ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme
A total of 27,142 candidates had enrolled for Class XII examinations; among them, 8,749 candidates were supposed to take the examinations for the pending papers.
The re-scheduled examination was fixed for subjects like Sanskrit, statistics, economics, psychology, home management and home nursing and nutrition, Arabic, music and geography.
Meanwhile, for the Madhyamik examinations, a total of 309 students out of the total 39,917 enrolled students are yet to take their pending exams. These papers include physical science and life science.
Also Read: Tripura shifts affiliation of 20 English medium schools to CBSE
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh