Shillong: Amid the beginning of lockdown 5.0, the Meghalaya government on Monday made several relaxations on restrictions in the state.
During a media briefing, deputy chief minister Prestone Tynsong said that in a review meeting held on Monday, the state has decided to lift the restrictions of inter-district movement and allow citizens to move freely within the state with immediate effect.
Tynsong said, “The strength of private and public transportation still remains at 50%, however these 50% private and public transportation will be allowed to move freely within Meghalaya. This relaxation also includes Shillong agglomeration.”
Regulations are being prepared by the transport department and the same will be communicated with the concerned department who will work out the odd and even numbers.
He further added that the government has also advised district administration to work out the modalities to allow the opening of all shops.
However, shops like malls, barber shops, salons and beauty parlours will still be restricted and remain closed.
The government will continue to restrict inter-state movement. Dhabas and food joints on national highways will still be restricted from opening.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers