Guwahati: Another 73 persons tested positive for COVID-19 aka coronavirus in Assam on Monday evening. With this, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases has gone up to 1.463 in the state.
The latest cases include 30 air travellers who arrived from Kuwait. Apart from them, 12 cases were reported from Cachar, 10 from Kamrup, nine from Karimganj, seven from Kokrajhar, two from Hailakandi, and one each from Barpeta, Nagaon and Jorhat.
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ 73 new cases of #COVID19+
30 air travellers, arrived from Kuwait. 12 Cachar, 10 Kamrup, 9 Karimganj, 7 Kokrajhar, 2 Hailakandi, 1 each from Barpeta/Nagaon/Jorhat
* Total cases 1463
* Recovered 277
* Active cases 1179
* Deaths 04
Update 9 PM/June 1/Day’s total 102″
Assam has reported 1,463 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 277 patients have been discharged, four have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 1,179 active cases.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry