Guwahati: Another 22 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam, taking the total number of cases in the state to 1,361, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Monday morning.
Of the new cases, 14 are from Dibrugarh, four from Dhemaji, three from Tinsukia and one from Charaideo districts of the state.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, ““Alert ~ 22 new cases of #COVID19+ for May 31.
14 Dibrugarh, 4 Dhemaji, 3 Tinsukia, 1 Charaideo
Total cases 1361
Active cases 1169
Update 9:40 AM/June 1/May 31/ total 145”
Assam has so far reported 1,361 cases of which, 1,169 are active, 185 have been discharged, 4 deaths and 3 persons migrated to other states.
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity
- Manipur Police marks 130th Raising Day, CM says memorial park nearing completion