New Delhi: A noble act of a group of people in Bihar’s Begusarai area handing out food packets to passengers of a Mizoram-bound Shramik special train is winnning hearts on social media.
In a 30-second video that has now gone viral, volunteers are seen rushing towards the train carrying migrants when it stops briefly in the area. They are then seen distributing food packets to the migrants travelling back home in the train.
Touched by the sweet gesture, Mizoram CM took to Twitter to share the video.
The latest video comes a few days after Mizos travelling in a Shramik special train from Bangalore were seen sharing their food with the flood-affected people taking shelter along the railway tracks in Assam. This video, too, was shared by CM Zoramthanga.
These random acts of kindness are a pleasant departure from some negative developments. Recently, several special trains carrying migrants from the Northeast came under repeated attacks in Bihar.
However, videos such as these again establish one’s faith in humanity. Understandably so, many took to Twitter to express their views. “Tears of joy! This is the spirit of India. Thanks for sharing sir,” one user said. “This is what India is all about…togetherness and unity,” said another.
- Watch: Meghalaya children fall sick after eating ice cream
- Develop ALGs to start fixed-wing flight services in Arunachal: CM to Centre
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago