Imphal: Ukhrul is no longer COVID-19 free after the district in Manipur reported its first three cases of novel coronavirus on Sunday afternoon.
Another two persons from Noney and Imphal West districts also tested COVID-19 positive, taking the total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 to 71.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, the latest five samples were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS).
All the five new positive cases, including two women, are in stable condition, it said.
Meanwhile, on Sunday, four women COVID-19 patients — two from Thoubal and one each from Churachandpur and Kamjong districts — were discharged from JNIMS and RIMS Hospitals after recovery.
Now, the total number of active COVID-19 cases in Manipur stands at 60.
Of the 16 districts, only two districts — Tamenglong and Pherzawl — remain free from COVID-19. Churachandpur has the highest confirmed cases of novel coronavirus at 21.
Earlier, four cases of COVID-19 positive, including three women, were detected from Kangpokpi, Imphal West and Imphal East districts.
The samples of the two returnees from Pune and another two from Delhi were tested at VRDL at JNIMS and RIMS, respectively.
Manipur has ramped up the testing capacity up to 900 samples in an average per day at the two VRDLs at JNIMS and RIMS. And this has helped the healthcare workers to detect the virus on early stage from the patients, it said.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 27
- Assam govt failed victims of Baghjan oil well blowout: Congress
- ‘I control police’: Tripura CM mocks judiciary, rakes fresh controversy
- Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 positivity rate dips below 1%
- ST status demand: Assam CM meets Tai-Ahom, Matak community leaders
- Assam logs 196 new COVID-19 cases, 5 fresh fatalities