Imphal: Four more persons, including three women aged 26, 21 and 19 years, tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur on Saturday night, taking the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 66.
The number of active COVID-19 cases has now increased to 59.
According to additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang, samples of the three women were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital.
The 26-year-old woman had returned from Delhi and belongs to Imphal East district. The other two women had come back from Pune and are residents of Kangpokpi district.
Sample of the fourth patient — a 26-year-old man from Sekmai in Imphal West district — was tested at VRDL at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Mangang said.
He belonged to the group of people who had recently returned from Delhi by train.
All the latest coronavirus patients are said to be stable and will be shifted to the COVID-19 care facility at JNIMS and RIMS for further observation, said Mangang.
Meanwhile, all necessary control measures, including contact tracing and containment process are in place as precautionary measure, Mangang added.
- Gag order in Myanmar keeps Suu Kyi’s testimony restricted
- Mizoram: COVID-19 recoveries outnumber new cases; death toll at 422
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27