Agartala: Another 34 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Tripura on Sunday, hours after 11 cases were reported from the state.
With this, the total number of positives case in Tripura now stands at 316, with the highest spike of 45 cases in a single day so far on Sunday.
Taking to the Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb informed this development, “633 samples have been tested for #COVID19 in Tripura today, out of which 34 people found #POSITIVE. All of them have returned from Chennai. #TripuraCOVID19Count”
Currently, Tripura has 97 active COVID-19 cases; among them, 96 are being treated at COVID care centre and one in COVID-19 hospital at GB Pant hospital, while 172 of them have been discharged after recovery. Three persons had migrated.
A total of 30,300 persons were placed under surveillance, out of which 18,474 persons were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. While there are 415 persons in facility quarantine, 11,411 persons are in home quarantine as on Saturday.
On Saturday, over 1,000 samples were collected from across the state and 850 samples including samples of those who returned by Indigo flight are being tested. A total of 27,644 samples have been collected, of which 26,376 have been tested.
- AFI partners with IOS Sports to raise bar of Indian Athletics
- Is brushing your teeth for two minutes enough? Here’s what the evidence says
- Khel Ratna: Neeraj Chopra, Ravi Dahiya, Lovlina Borgohain among 11 recommended
- 4 key issues to watch as world leaders prepare for Glasgow climate summit
- NATO’s Afghan mission hit by ‘mission creep’?
- 7 Bengal institutes in Centre’s knowledge exchange programme