Guwahati: After detection of a COVID-19 positive case on Ajanpir Path in Japorigaon and an area in Borbari in Guwahati under Kamrup (Metropolitan) district of Assam, the two new places were declared as containment zones on Sunday, till further notice.
An order from the deputy commissioner’s office said that in the interest of maintenance of public hygiene and to prevent further spread of the virus, the areas are directed to be sealed immediately.
The border of the new containment zone of Ajanpir Path, Japorigaon is the residence of Nurul Islam in the north, Ajanpir in the south, the residence of Md Sadullah in east, and residence of Bitupon Boro in the west.
Similarly, the border of Borbari area is Bishnu Nagar path in the north, the residence of Benu Sinha in the south, residence of Sitangshu Sinha in the east, and residence of Lakhyanath Patir in the west.
All unauthorised entry and exit of vehicles and persons into and from the notified containment zones are prohibited.
Any violation of the order will attract actions under the provisions of Assam COVID-19 Regulations, 2020; the Disaster Management Act-2005; the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897, and other relevant laws.
Meanwhile, the district administration also withdrew the containment zone tag from Fatasil Tiniali and Fancy Bazar areas, effective from May 31 as no further contamination of COVID-19 was detected. However, the residents of the area are advised to follow all the protocols for preventing further COVID-19 infection.
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along
- Modi calls for SCO template to fight radicalisation, extremism
- IT dept widens probe against actor Sonu Sood; search multiple premises