Itanagar: A fresh COVID-19 case was detected in Arunachal Pradesh on Saturday, taking the state tally to four, including three active cases and one discharged patient.
The latest patient is a 12-year-old student and hails from Upper Siang district, said reports.
This is the third case reported in a week.
Previously, in the month of April, Arunachal reported its first COVID-19 case from Lohit district when a returnee from the Nizamuddin Markaz congregation in New Delhi tested positive. The second (Delhi returnee) and third (Chennai returnee) were reported from Pakke Kessang and Papumpare districts, respectively.
All the three active COVID-19 patients are asymptomatic and are now in COVID-19 care facility under medical observation.
Meanwhile, the state health department said that a batch of 260 samples will be sent to Delhi for testing on Sunday. The samples are being outsourced to Dr Lal PathLabs in Delhi at a cost of Rs 3,200 per sample. The state government had decided to outsource testing to clear the backlog in the labs.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art