Guwahati: After detection of a COVID-19 positive case at Pandu Railway New Colony in Guwahati under Kamrup (Metropolitan) district of Assam, the area was declared as a containment zone on Saturday, till further notice.
An order from the deputy commissioner’s office said that in the interest of maintenance of public hygiene and to prevent further spread of the virus, the area is directed to be sealed immediately.
The border of the new containment zone in Guwahati is Railway Colony quarters in north, New Colony road in south, Jai Hind Club Chariali in east, Railway Colony road in west.
All unauthorised entry and exit of vehicles and persons into the notified containment zone is prohibited.
Any violation of the order will attract actions under the provisions of Assam COVID-19 Regulations, 2020; the Disaster Management Act-2005; the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and other relevant laws.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity