Imphal: Two more returnees from Mumbai and Chennai from Churachandpur district tested positive in Manipur on Saturday, taking total tally in the state to 62, as per an senior official.
With this, Churachanpur now has a total of 22 active cases of novel coronavirus, the highest in the state, followed by Imphal West and Thoubal with 12 cases each.
The total number of active cases in Manipur has increased to 55, after seven patients recovered from COVID-19.
According to the official, a 34-year-old man and 44-year-old woman, who recently returned from Mumbai and Chennai, respectively, by train are the latest patients.
Their samples were tested at Virus Research and Diagnostic Laboratories (VRDL) at Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital. The patients will be admitted at COVID-19 Care facility at JNIMS for observation.
Earlier, a 19-year-old girl from Imphal West, a returnee from Gujarat, tested positive for COVID-19 and was admitted at Regional Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) for observation.
- Bharat Biotech awaits feedback from WHO for Covaxin EUL
- Jagdish Mukhi takes oath as 20th governor of Nagaland
- Murky water: Meghalaya MLA goes all guns blazing at minister
- GoPro Hero 10 Black launched. Check specifications, price, more
- Nagaland Lottery September 17: Check Dear Hooghly Morning lottery result
- Congress celebrates PM’s birthday as #NationalUnemploymentDay, Twitterati play along