Agartala: The number of cases in Tripura rose to 271 after 17 more persons tested positive for COVID-19 in the state on Saturday.
A total of 798 persons were tested for COVID-19, of which 17 persons — including 15 returnees from Maharashtra and two from Bangladesh — were found positive for the virus.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar’s Deb informed this development, “798 people tested today for COVID-19 out of which 17 people foun #POSITIVE. Among them, 15 returnees from Maharashtra & 2 Bangladesh returnees. #TripuraCOVID19Count”
Currently, Tripura has 97 active COVID-19 cases; among them, 96 are being treated at COVID care centre and one in COVID-19 hospital at GB Pant hospital. Up to 171 patients have been discharged after recovery so far in the state. Three persons had migrated to other states.
A total of 29,359 persons were placed under surveillance, of which 18,078 were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. While there are 510 persons in facility quarantine, there are 10,771 persons in home quarantine as on Friday.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31