Guwahati: Another 85 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam late on Saturday evening, raising the state’s tally to 1,185 cases.
Of the new cases, 26 are from Kokrajhar and Chirang district, 20 from Hailakandi, 13 each from Kamrup (Metro) and Dibrugarh, 9 from Jorhat, and 2 each from Golaghat and Cachar districts.
Informing about the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ 85 new cases of #COVID19+ 26 Kokrajhar & Chirang, 20 Hailakandi, 13 Kamrup, 13 Dibrigarh, 9 Jorhat, 2 Golaghat, 2 Cachar.”
On Saturday, Assam reported 128 fresh cases of coronavirus. Currently, the state has 1,185 cases, of which 1015 are active, 163 are discharged, 4 deaths and 3 have migrated to other states.
- Arunachal: Army rescues six locals hit by lightening in Dibang Valley
- Sikkim registers 60 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fatality
- Assam reports 4 new Covid deaths, 407 fresh cases
- Mizoram: Three held with heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh
- Report: Suspected Chinese hack targets Indian media, govt
- Will work towards balanced relations with India and China: Nepal FM