Guwahati: Another 85 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam late on Saturday evening, raising the state’s tally to 1,185 cases.
Of the new cases, 26 are from Kokrajhar and Chirang district, 20 from Hailakandi, 13 each from Kamrup (Metro) and Dibrugarh, 9 from Jorhat, and 2 each from Golaghat and Cachar districts.
Informing about the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ 85 new cases of #COVID19+ 26 Kokrajhar & Chirang, 20 Hailakandi, 13 Kamrup, 13 Dibrigarh, 9 Jorhat, 2 Golaghat, 2 Cachar.”
On Saturday, Assam reported 128 fresh cases of coronavirus. Currently, the state has 1,185 cases, of which 1015 are active, 163 are discharged, 4 deaths and 3 have migrated to other states.
Also Read: Assam: 38 COVID-19 patients discharged, total 163 cured
- Manipur: Army organises health camps in villages, relief camps
- Sikkim CM urges people to plant trees, not leave any land barren
- Nagaland: Angami bodies, students clean iconic Kisama heritage village
- Tripura State Rifles’ soldier kills self
- Manipur: Kuki students slam tribal body’s call to lift NH-2 blockade
- Assam: Environmentalists envisage ‘zero waste village’ near Chandubi lake