Guwahati: Another 43 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam, taking the total number of cases in the state to 1,100, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday.
Of the new cases, 5 each are from Dhubri and Golaghat, 3 from Barpeta, 1 from Bongaigaon and districts for 29 others are yet to be confirmed.
Taking to Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ 43 new cases of #COVID19+
5 Dhubri, 5 Golaghat, 3 Barpeta, 1 Bongaigaon, 29 by various labs (dist to be confirmed).”
Assam has so far reported 1,100 cases of which, 968 are active, 125 have been discharged, 4 deaths and 3 persons migrated to other states.
- First theatrical release in 8 months gives life to Assam’s puppetry culture
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle