Shillong: A 34-year-old assistant professor at IIM Shillong committed suicide at his faculty residence on Wednesday evening. His body was discovered only on Thursday afternoon.
Superintendent of Police (City) BD Marak said that the police was informed about the incident on Thursday. Upon receiving information the police rushed to the spot and had to break down the door as there was no response.
“On May 27 we received information about the incident. Police personnel went there to check and had to break open the door. The deceased has been identified as Dr Arindam Mukhopadhyay, who is an assistant professor at IIM. Regarding this suicide case all legal formalities have been observed accordingly,” informed Marak.
The police have registered an unnatural death case and launched an investigation to rule out murder. They also did not find a suicide note.
The family members of the deceased arrived in Shillong on Friday and will be taking the body to West Bengal.
- World Rhino Day 2021: Significance & slogans to save the rhinoceros
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Manipur: PREPAK (Pro) cadre arrested with huge cache of IED materials
- Ruling party gets 324 of 450 seats in Russian parliament