Darjeeling: Five new cases of COVID-19 were reported from Darjeeling district of West Bengal on Friday. While two patients are from Kurseong Municipality area, another two are from Sonada, confirmed Darjeeling district magistrate S Ponnambalam.
Another positive case was reported from Khoribari, which also falls in Darjeeling district, in the plains.
The district magistrate said that contact tracing of the patients is currently underway.
Meanwhile, there’s panic among the public in Nagrakata area of Jalpaiguri after five more COVID-19 cases were reported in the region.
In the past one week, COVID-19 positive cases have started to increase in the North Bengal region. Sources in the medical fraternity informed us that cases are likely to increase exponentially, as test results of thousands of samples are pending since May 17.
With more and more migrants coming back, there is widespread panic in the region.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence