Imphal: Two more persons who returned from Delhi tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday evening, taking the total in Manipur to 46. There are 42 active cases and four have been discharged.
The latest two COVID-19 patients, one from Dewlahland and the other from Tellipati from Imphal, were quarantined at Areca School in Imphal East.
Now, in view of the impending threat of COVID-19 pandemic in the area, the deputy community of Imphal East district Dr Rangitabali Waikhom on Wednesday evening declared the Kabo Leikai Nongpok area as containment zone with immediate effect.
The sealing area include plot of Chabungbam Rajbabu Singh to the North, road leading to police housing complex towards the South, Naga Nala in the East and road leading to the 2nd Manipur Rifles to the West.
Any person(s) found violating or non compliance in the containment zone area will be punishable under Section 188 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), it said.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing