Itanagar: Considering the present situation amid the countrywide lockdown due to COVID-19 since March 24 and the fact that economy is deteriorating, the government of Arunachal Pradesh has constituted a committee to recommend measures to improve the economic condition in the state.
The committee which was created on Wednesday, will not only review the economic situation in the state but also will suggest corrective steps for economic revival.
“Govt of Arunachal Pradesh has constituted an Economic Revival Committee to review the the economic situation impacted by the global pandemic #COVID19 in the State. This committee will suggest corrective steps for economic revival of the State for a #SelfReliantArunachal,” said a tweet from the deputy chief minister, Chowna Mein, who is also the finance minister.
The first meeting of the Economic Revival Committee (ERC) will be held on May 30 in Itanagar. The outstation members may attend the meeting through video conferencing. The meeting will be deliberated upon :
- Making sector-specific recommendations based on broad assessment of impact of COVID-19 on particular sector.
- Policy formation to bring investment and attract foreign investment to Arunachal Pradesh.
- Measures for the short term, medium term and long term economic revival of the state.
- Devise strategies for the expeditious implementation of the Rs. 20,00,000.00 crore packages in the State as soon as it is announced in detail by the Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Suggestions on easy availability and mobility of labourers in the State.
The committee comprises of principal secretary (Finance), commissioner (Planning& Investment), commissioner (Home), secretary (Planning & Investment), secretary (Industries), secretary (Tourism), secretary (Agriculture), AK Purkayastha, Consultant, agriculture department, chief general manager, SBI Guwahati, GK Nair, general manager, NABARD, Prof. SK Nayak, department of economics, Rajiv Gandhi University, J Denis Rajakumar, chief finance officer, EPWRF Mumbai, Gyanendra Mani, GM department of refinance, NABARD Mumbai, Pinaki Sengupta, retd. chief scientist & head, MSTD CSIR North-East Institue of Science & Technology as members.