Guwahati: Another 33 persons have tested positive for COVID-19, increasing the state coronavirus tally to 831 cases as on Thursday afternoon.
Of the new cases, 10 are from Nagaon, 8 from Kamrup (Metro), 7 from Cachar district, 2 each from Karinganj and Hailakandi, 1 each from Hojai and Dima Hasao, and for 2 people, their district is yet to be ascertained.
Informing about the same, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma tweeted, “Alert ~ 33 new cases of #COVID19+ 10 Nagaon, 8 Kamrup-M, 7 Cachar, 1 each Hojai/Dima Hasao, 2 each Karimganj/Hailakandi, 2 to be ascertained.”
As on Thursday, Assam reported 48 new cases. The state currently has 831 confirmed cases, of which 737 are active, 87 discharged, 4 deaths and 3 people migrated to other states.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry