Guwahati: The Kamrup Metro district administration in Assam on Thursday withdrew the tag of containment zone from four areas — Kumarpara, Santipur (Pubali Path), Fatasil GS Colony and Pan Bazar Railway Colony — of Guwahati.
As no further COVID-19 positive cases have been found since the declaration of containment zones in the four areas, the withdrawal will be on effect from Thursday, May 28. All the four areas were declared containment zones on May 14, including Fancy Bazar (around Rajkamal hotel). However, no notice on the withdrawal of containment zones was given on the Fancy Bazar area as of now.
Although the tag of containment zone has been withdrawn, residents of the area are still advised to follow all the protocols available to prevent any further contamination of novel coronavirus.
Amidst the unprecedented surge of COVID-19 cases in Assam, more so in Kamrup (M), many areas including Central Reserve Police Force Group centre in 9-mile area, Tarun Nagar area in ABC, Gopal Nagar Noonmati, and recently Maloibari area under Sonapur Circle are still under the ‘containment zone’ tag.
As of now, Assam has a total tally of 856 COVID-19 positive cases, of which 762 are active with 87 recovered and four deaths. During the filing of this report, 13 new COVID-19 cases were reported from Kamrup (M), four in Cachar, three in Dhemaji, three in Barpeta, and two in Kokrajhar.
- Mizoram: Three held with heroin worth Rs 10.15 lakh
- Report: Suspected Chinese hack targets Indian media, govt
- Will work towards balanced relations with India and China: Nepal FM
- Defence MoS appreciates civil-military bonhomie at Arunachal’s Tawang
- 45 BJP MPs across India have kin in politics: Assam Congress lawmaker
- Nagaland logs 31 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality