Guwahati: Fifteen more persons tested positive for COVID-19 aka coronavirus in Assam on Thursday morning. With this, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases has gone up to 798 in the state.
Among the new cases, 11 are from Kamrup Metro, three from Dibrugarh and one from Lakhimpur.
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ 15 new cases of #COVID19+ reported.
11 Kamrup Metro, 3 Dibrugarh, 1 Lakhimpur
* Total cases 798
* Recovered 87
* Active cases 704
* Deaths 04
* Migrated 03
Update 10:50 am / May 28.”
Assam has reported 798 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 87 patients have been discharged, four have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 704 active cases.
- Webcasting arrangements in place for Assam by-election: EC official
- Manipur: Dengue outbreak, but no need for panic say health officials
- Katrina Kaif-Vicky Kaushal set to marry? Here’s what Kat will wear
- Northeast Church leaders extend solidarity to Karnataka Christians
- Assam by-polls: Thowra heading for a BJP win, Raijor Dal might finish second
- Covid surge in West Bengal: 24 containment zones created