Itanagar: In a joint operation by Indian Army’s 9 Rajputana Rifles and Arunachal Pradesh Police on Thursday, a huge cache of arms, ammunition and explosives were recovered from Bum Reserve Forest at Miao under Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Defence public relations officer P Khongsai said that acting upon a tip-off regarding the presence of armed NSCN-IM cadres, the operation was launched.
Changlang superintendent of police Mihin Gambo said that the team recovered an AK-56 assault Rifle, 3 magazines, 115 rounds of 7.62 mm live ammunition, 40 mm under barrel grenade launcher, hand grenade, four stick powder-gel explosive weighing around 500gm, one .22 pistol and several other explosive materials.
Based on an FIR lodged by the 9 Rajputana Rifles, a case has been registered at Miao Police station under relevant sections of law and the matter is under investigation, Gambo said.
Chief minister Pema Khandu took to the Twitter to praise Arunachal Pradesh Police for giving a blow to the under ground elements in the state.
“Kudos to @adgpi and #ArunachalPradeshPolice for recovering a cache of arms, ammunitions, explosives in a joint operation from NSCN (IM) hideout in Miao Bum RF in Changlang district. This has dealt a blow to the nefarious designs of proscribed group operating in the region,” Khandu said in his tweet.
- Assam Guv adopts 10 TB patients under Nikshay Mitra initiative
- Two stretches of NH-17 soon to be converted into 4-lane in Assam
- Exclusive: Thangkhiew was planning blast in Shillong, says Meghalaya CM
- More than 720 children, women rescued by RPF: Official
- ‘Tar’ review: Cate Blanchett’s stellar performance marks the highlight
- Rupee may remain under depreciation pressure: Economic Survey