Itanagar: In a joint operation by Indian Army’s 9 Rajputana Rifles and Arunachal Pradesh Police on Thursday, a huge cache of arms, ammunition and explosives were recovered from Bum Reserve Forest at Miao under Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh.
Defence public relations officer P Khongsai said that acting upon a tip-off regarding the presence of armed NSCN-IM cadres, the operation was launched.
Changlang superintendent of police Mihin Gambo said that the team recovered an AK-56 assault Rifle, 3 magazines, 115 rounds of 7.62 mm live ammunition, 40 mm under barrel grenade launcher, hand grenade, four stick powder-gel explosive weighing around 500gm, one .22 pistol and several other explosive materials.
Based on an FIR lodged by the 9 Rajputana Rifles, a case has been registered at Miao Police station under relevant sections of law and the matter is under investigation, Gambo said.
Chief minister Pema Khandu took to the Twitter to praise Arunachal Pradesh Police for giving a blow to the under ground elements in the state.
“Kudos to @adgpi and #ArunachalPradeshPolice for recovering a cache of arms, ammunitions, explosives in a joint operation from NSCN (IM) hideout in Miao Bum RF in Changlang district. This has dealt a blow to the nefarious designs of proscribed group operating in the region,” Khandu said in his tweet.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing