New Delhi: A man in Maharashtra was arrested for allegedly molesting a 23 year-old woman at a COVID-19 quarantine facility in Brahmaouri tehsil of Chandrapur district.
The incident took place inside a zilla parishad school that was recently converted in a quarantine centre where the woman was allegedly molested by a local villager, said officials of the quarantine centre.
The woman had recently returned to village from Pune on May 15 and was put under institutional quarantine where the accused allegedly entered the premises and molested the woman.
A case was registered against the man under section 354 and other relevant provisions of the Indian Penal Code. The man was held by the police as informed by the officials.
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections
- NCB records actor Ananya Panday’s statement; likely to call her on Friday
- Meghalaya deputy CM says physical possession of Harijan Colony land soon