Agartala: 11 more persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Tripura on Tuesday, a day after four persons returning from Mumbai tested positive for the virus.
With this, the total number of positive cases stands at 209 so far including a fresh case coming from the 86th battalion of Border Security Force (BSF) where more than 160 cases were reported since May 6 last.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb informed this development, “11 people found COVID19 #POSITIVE in Tripura today. Among them, 10 people have returned from Mumbai, #Maharashtra by train and 1 person is a family member of BSF personnel of 86th Battalion.
A total of 26,943 persons were placed under surveillance, out of which 16,349 persons were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. Currently, there are 300 persons in facility quarantine while 10,294 persons in-home quarantine as on Monday.
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion
- Watch: BTS live at the United Nations General Assembly