Guwahati: Another 19 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam on Tuesday evening, spiking the state’s total to 616 cases, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Of the new cases, seven are from Karimganj, five from Goalpara, three from Guwahati, one each from Dhubri, Hailakandi, Udaguri and Lakhimpur.
Informing about the same, Sarma said, “Alert ~ 19 new cases of #COVID19+ reported.
7 Karimganj, 5 Goalpara, 3 Guwahati, 1 each from Dhubri, Hailakandi, Udalguri, Lakhimpur
Total cases 616
Active cases 547
Update 8:00 pm / May 26”
Earlier, 47 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam on Tuesday morning, spiking the state’s total to 595 cases. Of the new cases, 21 are from Golaghat, four from Lakhimpur, eight from Morigaon, three from Goalpara, one each from Hojai and MMCH Guwahati, two from Karbi Anglong and five from Nagaon district of the state.
- Wrestler Ravi Dahiya settles for silver after losing final to world champion Uguev
- Police in Bangladesh recovers Lord Vishnu’s black stone statue
- RS passes bill to amend Scheduled Tribe list relating to Arunachal
- NPF is now ‘opposition-less’: Nagaland deputy CM Y Patton
- Sikkim reports 184 new COVID-19 cases, 2 fatalities
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for August 5