Itanagar: A landslide occurred reportedly at Aarzoo village, near Anini in Dibang Valley district of Arunachal Pradesh on Monday evening.
An Idu Mishmi mother and two of her children, one son and a daughter, were buried alive along with the house.
The chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh, Pema Khandu in his statement said, “Deeply saddened by the loss of three precious lives from a single-family at Arzoo village in Dibang Valley district due to landslide yesterday. Necessary relief to the next of kin is being extended. My deepest condolences and prayers for the peace of the departed soul. In view of the incessant rains, I appeal all to stay safe.”
Local MLA Mopi Mihu while confirming the incident said that all the three bodies were recovered on Tuesday, after the excavation process since Monday.
“I have spoken to the deputy chief minister, Chowna Mein today regarding offering ex-gratia to the victims. I am expecting a favourable response from the state government soon,” said Mihu.
- Hunt for coronavirus variants: how the new one was found and what we know
- Tripura: 3-tier security for counting day, CPIM announces boycott
- Guwahati minor girl’s bravery, quick thinking foils kidnap bid
- Cannot be in situation where it is difficult to implement laws: Rijiju
- ICC calls off Women’s World Cup Qualifier over new COVID-19 variant
- Families stuck after sudden decision to ban flights to and from South Africa