Itanagar: Health minister Alo Libang on Monday appealed to the people of Arunachal Pradesh to stay calm after a fresh COVID-19 case was detected in the state. He urged them to cooperate with the government and be patient.
Addressing a press at his official residence Libang said that among the 62 returnees from New Delhi in two buses, 31 tested negative and the results of the rest are awaited. One tested positive for COVID -19, however, the patient is asymptomatic. The patient has been shifted from the quarantine facility to COVID-19 care centre in Naharlagun.
“We have also asked all district administrations to strengthen their COVID-19 care facility,” he said while informing that the returnees from New Delhi have been shifted to their respective home districts.
So far, 5600 out of 11000 people who have registered have returned from different parts of the country. A total of 5428 samples were collected till Monday afternoon, of which 4557 have tested negative, 868 results are awaited and 2 positive cases were detected (earlier a 31-year-old was detected with COVID-19, he was discharged on April 16 from Tezu, Lohit district), said Libang.
The number of samples collected have increased in lockdown 4.0 as more people are returning to the state. This increased load on laboratories is resulting in a backlog, hence the delay in reports.
“We have requested the laboratories to expedite the process and we hope that the gaps will be reduced in this coming week, he added. He requested the public to understand the current situation and therefore cooperate with state government,” said Libang.
The minister also said that the people should not get confused regarding COVID-19 cases in the state. As of now, Arunachal has only one active COVID-19 case which was detected on Sunday. Previous news of three returnees from Maharashtra also being infected by COVID-19 positive is fake, he clarified.