Agartala: Four more persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Tripura on Monday, a day after three persons returning from Delhi tested positive for the virus. With this, the total number of positive cases stands at 198 so far.
A total of 990 samples were tested for COVID-19 on Monday, of which four tested positive for COVID-19. All of them had returned from Delhi by Rajdhani Express train.
Taking to Twitter, chief minister Biplab Kumar Deb informed this development, “990 samples have been tested today in #Tripura for COVID-19. Among them 4 persons found COVID19 #POSITIVE. All of them have returned from Mumbai, #Maharashtra by train. #TripuraCOVID19count.”
A total of 24,513 persons were placed under surveillance, out of which 16,131 persons were released after completion of 14 days’ observation period. Currently, there are 292 persons in facility quarantine while 8090 persons in-home quarantine as on Sunday.
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish
- Walkathon and Cyclothon to celebrate World Alzheimer’s Day in Guwahati
- World Rhino Day: Assam to burn 2,479 confiscated rhino horns
- Lake of No Return: India’s ‘Bermuda Triangle’ along Arunachal-Myanmar border