Guwahati: Another 48 persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam on Monday evening, spiking the state’s total to 514 cases, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Of the new cases, 16 are from Karimganj, 8 from Lakhimpur, 5 from Guwahati quarantine centre, 5 from Cachar, 4 from Hailakandi, 3 from South Salmara, 2 from Nalbari, 1 each from Morigaon and Goalpara.
Informing about the same, Sarma said, “Alert ~ 48 new cases of #COVID19+.
16 Karimganj, 8 Lakhimpur, 8 Ghy Qrnt, 5 Cachar, 4 Hailakandi, 3 South Salmara, 2 Nalbari, 1 each Morigaon / Goalpara.”
On Monday, Assam reported 122 COVID cases, the highest single-day spike till date.
Assam has so far reported 514 cases of which 445 are active, 62 discharged, 4 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity