Kokrajhar: Accusing the Opposition parties of trying to malign her image by making ar fake Facebook account in her name, Assam minister for social welfare and soil conservation and senior Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) leader Pramila Rani Brahma has demanded the government to punish the guilty as soon as possible.
Addressing media persons, Brahma said that her fake account has urged the people in Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) to cast their votes in favour of UPPL candidates during the ensuing Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) polls.
Also Read: Assam Governor breaks COVID lockdown rules to reach Kokrajhar: MP
Due to the COVID-19, the much-awaited BTC elections were postponed and Governor’s rule was imposed in the council on April 28. The development took place after the expiry of the term of the BPF-led BTC council a day earlier.
Meanwhile, the women’s wing of the BPF has filed an FIR with Kokrajhar police on Sunday evening and demanded strict action against the guilty.
“The Opposition party members are trying to defame my name and image within the party by creating fake Facebook account and posted unnecessary pictures and posts. The account is totally fake and created by the Opposition parties. I urge police administration to check strictly and punished the involved persons,” she said.
- Education might not save you from cognitive decline: study
- Mizoram celebrates Palm Sunday
- Bhutanese King to visit India from April 3-5
- Home Minister Amit Shah shown black flag by Congressmen in Mizoram
- PM Modi condoles Salim Durani’s demise, says he made key contribution in world of cricket
- Small tea growers made India self-reliant in production : Tea Board