Guwahati: As domestic travels resume from Monday, the government of Assam has issued standard operating procedures (SOP) for air passengers on arrangement of screening, transportation and quarantine norms for those returning to the state.
The state will run bus services four times a day from Guwahati airport to locations in lower Assam, upper Assam and north Assam districts. Passengers may avail of this on payment basis. In case they are using taxis pr personal vehicles, information of such vehicle and driver must be given in the undertaking submitted by the passenger to the district administration.
All passengers to be mandatorily scanned on arrival. All symptomatic passengers from within Assam will be taken to zonal/district screening camps.
Pilots, aircrew and maintenance staff will not be quarantined.
Asymptomatic passengers will undergo combined home and institutional quarantine for at least 14 days. He will be lodged at a facility for 7 days or till the RT-PCR COVID-19 test results are declared, followed by home quarantine.
Exempted from quarantine
- Passengers on a day-long visit, that is, those with arrival and departure on the same day without night halt in Assam. However, strict preventive measures must be observed.
- Also, central or state government officials on official duty with prior intimation the government of Assam, and having isolated accommodation arranged.
- For military and para-military passengers on official duty will be allowed to travel directly to their cantonment/camp where they will be quarantined.
- Transit passengers to other Northeastern states will be allowed to directly depart to their home states provided they do not have any stoppage in Assam.
- Pregnant women, persons above 75 years of age, persons due to attend funerals, children below 10 years of age, differently-abled people, immediate relatives of hospitalised patients, and patients who have undergone cardiac, kidney, and cancer treatments, shall be allowed for 14 days home quarantine if they do not show any symptoms.
- Persons who have completed mandated quarantine of 14 days within the previous two weeks of arrival and tested negative in an RT-PCR test within the previous 7 days prior to arrival, and those who tested negative for the RT-PCR test within previous 3 days prior to arrival will be allowed to go for home quarantined for 10 days.