Guwahati: Thirty-five more persons tested positive for COVID-19 aka coronavirus in Assam on Monday morning. With this, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases has gone up to 427 in the state.
Among the new cases, while 18 are from Golaghat, six are from Kokrajhar quarantine centre, five from Karimganj, two from Tinsukia, two from Sivasagar, one each from Jorhat and Dhemaji.
Also Read: Arunachal reports fresh COVID case, Delhi returnee tests positive
Announcing the new cases on Twitter, Assam health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said: “Alert ~ 35 new cases of #COVID19+ confirmed.
18 Golaghat, 6 Kokrajhar quarantine centre, 5 karimganj, 2 Tinsukia, 2 Sivasagar, 1 Jorhat, 1 Dhemaji
- Total cases 427
- Recovered 57
- Active cases 363
Update 8:50 am / May 25.”
Assam has reported 427 COVID-19 cases so far. Of this, while 57 patients have been discharged, four have died and three migrated to other states. Currently, there are 363 active cases.
- Cong welcomes Shah’s peace plan for Manipur but questions delay
- Mizoram yet to get Assam response on border-related claims
- Active Covid cases in country dip to 3,736
- Minor girl gangraped in Tripura, one arrested
- SJVN to develop 669 MW Lower Arun Hydro Power project in Nepal
- Panel to inquire into death of 7 students in accident: Assam CM