13 more persons tested positive for COVID-19 in Assam on Monday night, taking the state’s total COVID-19 count to 539 cases, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in his tweet.
Of the new cases, 7 are from Kamrup Metro while 6 others are from Golaghat.
Informing about the same on Twitter, Himanta Biswa Sarma wrote “ Alert ~ 13 new cases of COVID19+ reported. Swabs for testing taken before people sent for quarantine.”
On Monday, Assam reported 147 COVID cases, the biggest single-day spike till date.
Assam has so far reported 539 cases of which 470 are active, 62 discharged, 4 deaths and 3 migrated to other states.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence