Guwahati: The number of COVID-19 cases in India continues to witness a rise, with a whopping increase of 6,767 cases in 24-hours, the highest ever single spike in the country, said the union ministry of health and family welfare on Sunday. Also, 147 deaths were recorded in the country in the past 24 hours.
As of now, the total number of cases in India stands at 1,31,868, including 73,560 active cases, 54,440 cured/discharged and 3867 deaths.
India has reported a record number of cases in the past week. Meanwhile, several states have questioned the Centre’s decision to resume flight services from Monday.
“It’s extremely ill-advised to reopen airports in red zone…” Maharashtra’s Home Minister Anil Deshmukh tweeted on Sunday morning.
Maharashtra has the highest number of coronavirus cases in the country. Over 47,190 COVID-19 patients have been reported so far, more than 1,500 have died.
The Northeastern region too witnessed a substantial spike, with Assam reporting 87 cases in a day, the biggest spike in the state and the region in a single day taking the state’s 346 cases of which 282 are active cases.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 22
- Official: US at turning point in dealing with Myanmar crisis
- Income tax refunds of Rs 92,961 cr issued during this fiscal: CBDT
- Brain-dead man gives new lease of life to 4 patients, family donates organs
- India’s vaccination prog. science- born, science-driven, science-based: PM
- Nagaland reports 11 new COVID-19 cases, recoveries surpass new infections