Guwahati: Around 1,15,920 people have travelled to Assam after relaxation in lockdown guidelines allowing for stranded people to return home from across the country, and 17,895 people who were stuck in Assam have gone back home till Friday, informed Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order), GP Singh, via Twitter.
ADGP Singh also said, “Till May 22nd, in addition to daily Special Train from Delhi to Dibrugarh, Assam has received shramik special trains from Chennai(4), Coimbatore, Bengaluru(2), Lingampally(2), Kanpur,Hyderabad(2),Mumbai. A total of 18 shramik special trains have chugged into Assam till May 22nd.”
He also appealed to the masses to sincerely follow home quarantine rules and cautioned that violating institution or home quarantine would attract penal actions against such persons.
“The greatest help that people can extend to society is by staying at home mandatorily while undergoing home quarantine. Violating Institutional/home quarantine would attract penal action under IPC, DM Act and Epidemic Diseases Act,” ADGP Singh wrote on Twitter.
Further, he also shared the flight schedule to and from Guwahati starting from May 25 (Monday) till June 30, stating that all travellers coming to Assam must adhere to health protocols of the state government.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel