Guwahati: Around 1,15,920 people have travelled to Assam after relaxation in lockdown guidelines allowing for stranded people to return home from across the country, and 17,895 people who were stuck in Assam have gone back home till Friday, informed Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order), GP Singh, via Twitter.
ADGP Singh also said, “Till May 22nd, in addition to daily Special Train from Delhi to Dibrugarh, Assam has received shramik special trains from Chennai(4), Coimbatore, Bengaluru(2), Lingampally(2), Kanpur,Hyderabad(2),Mumbai. A total of 18 shramik special trains have chugged into Assam till May 22nd.”
He also appealed to the masses to sincerely follow home quarantine rules and cautioned that violating institution or home quarantine would attract penal actions against such persons.
“The greatest help that people can extend to society is by staying at home mandatorily while undergoing home quarantine. Violating Institutional/home quarantine would attract penal action under IPC, DM Act and Epidemic Diseases Act,” ADGP Singh wrote on Twitter.
Further, he also shared the flight schedule to and from Guwahati starting from May 25 (Monday) till June 30, stating that all travellers coming to Assam must adhere to health protocols of the state government.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing