Guwahati: A 90-year-old grandma from Japan is officially the oldest gaming YouTuber, according to Guinness World Records.
Hamako Mori, known as “Gamer Grandma”, has been playing video games for 39 years. She launched a YouTube channel in 2015 and has a solid following of over 290,000 subscribers.
She said that video games are film-like.
One of her recent videos, titled, ’90-year-old grandma plays Dauntless’, has a whopping 3.7 million views. She starts the video by blowing out candles on her birthday cake before vlogging her take on the monster battling game.
Mori said that she plays for 7-8 hours a day now, however, earlier it was much more.
Mori has also collected an array of consoles over the decades. The first one she owned was Cassette Vision, which was released in Japan on July 30, 1981. “It looked like so much fun, and I thought it’s not fair if only children played it,” Mori said.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands