Guwahati: 20 persons have tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday taking the state’s total to 378 cases, informed health minister Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma.
Of the new cases, six are from Nalbari, five from Kamrup (Rural), four from Hojai, two from Kamrup (Metro), two from Nagaon and one from Marigaon.
Informing about the same on Twitter, Sarma wrote, “Alert ~ 20 new cases of #COVID19+ confirmed. 6 Nalbari; 5 Kamrup; 4 Hojai; 2 Kamrup Metro; 2 Nagaon; 1 Morigaon.”
Less than an hour ago, six new cases were reported from Sarusajai quarantine centre in Guwahati.
Addressing a press conference in the evening, Sarma had informed that 90% cases are from quarantine centres, which indicates that the quarantine process has been successful in Assam.
The state has so far reported 378 cases with 314 active cases, 57 recoveries, 4 deaths and 3 persons have migrated to other states.
- Mizoram to get bamboo link roads
- End of an era: Germany’s Merkel bows out after 16 years
- SKM blames ex-SDF legislators for Limboo-Tamang reservation failure
- 5 mistakes brands should avoid while finding influencers
- Omicron in Assam? Samples of 4 SMCH doctors sent for genome sequencing
- Money Heist: Part 5 – Vol 2- abysmal, morally bankrupt