Guwahati: Ensuring that COVID-19 precautionary measures are taken seriously, Assam police has so far collected Rs 27,31,500 as fine from 5,463 people for not wearing face masks when out in public.
Sharing this information, Assam Police tweeted, “Till now Rs.27,31,500/- has been realised as fines for not wearing a Mask in public spaces. That means 5,463 people were fined across Assam.
To ensure your own safety and that of everyone around, we request everyone to always wear a Mask in public.”
This comes after state health and finance minister Himanta Biswa Sarma during a press conference last month announced that those venturing out in public places without a face mask or something covering their faces will be fined Rs 500.
With the relaxation in lockdown, more people are allowed to go out in public places for work, for buying things, and for essentials. However, following norms like usage of mask, social distancing etc continues to be in place.
The state government had put a strict mandate in place for using a mask or a cloth, like an Assamese gamusa which covers the nose and mouth of a person while out in public to avoid penalties.
- Gadkari gets Rs 4 lakh royalty per month from YouTube for lecture videos
- NIA arrests key conspirator in Manipur Rifles arms theft case
- Central govt very keen towards welfare of Kashmiri migrants: Sonowal
- The Wire receives IPI’s Free Media Pioneer Award
- Relief package for telecom sector to aid NE connectivity too: Vaishnaw
- Centre working to transform Northeast into growth hub: Shekhawat