Itanagar: A student from Arunachal who returned from Delhi by bus on May 18 tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday. This comes after the state was declared coronavirus free.
The student, a UPSC aspirant who was staying in West Patel Nagar area of Delhi, had travelled in a bus bearing registration number UP-17 AT-1352.
“The bus had 33 passengers and travelled through Delhi (arrived in Gole market), Uttar Pradesh ( stopped twice), Bihar (stopped once), West Bengal (stopped once), Assam (stopped once) and then entered Arunachal. The student who tested positive for COVID-19 was seated on the left side of last seat in the bus,” an official from the government of Arunachal Pradesh informed.
“After reaching Arunachal, he was kept in institutional quarantine and his swab sample was collected on May 22,” the official added.
“The state and district level contact tracing team has already started to track down all those people who came in the bus along with the patient and interacted with him till now,” the official said.
Meanwhile, the patient is asymptomatic and is under the observation of the medical team. This is the second case reported from the state and currently, the only active case in Arunachal.
Previously, a 31-year-old man who was a Nizamuddin returnee from Lohit district tested positive on April 2.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art