Dimapur: The first special train which was arranged by the Nagaland state government to evacuate stranded students from Chennai reached Dimapur station on Friday evening at around 6:20 pm. The personnel at the station waiting for stranded gave a very warm welcome, the public announcer was heard saying, “Dear Naga brothers and sisters, we heartily welcome you to your homeland -Nagaland.”
Right after the passengers deported the train, they were screened and later disinfected at the entry of the railway station. Some passengers were then taken to the quarantine facility at the state Agri Expo in 4th mile and some were sent to Kohima to undergo their quarantine period.
Welcoming the stranded students back to the state Minister for Rural Development, Government of Nagaland took it to Twitter where he welcomed all the returnees from Chennai. He further thanked Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio for his initiative and later went on to congratulate Team Kikheto who worked tirelessly at ground zero.
Adviser to the Chief Minister of Nagaland & Secretary-General Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) Abu Metha also took it to Twitter, where he stated “ The first special train to #Nagaland has arrived from Chennai. It gives us great joy&happiness to welcome home our children, brothers & sisters. We pray to Almighty to keep our citizens & our state safe. #Kuknalim.”
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court