Guwahati: Following the detection of six COVID-19 positive cases at CRPF Group Centre, 9th Mile in Guwahati, Kamrup (M) district administration has declared it as a containment zone. This is to maintain public hygiene and to prevent the spread of the virus in the area.
Kamrup (Metro) deputy commissioner Biswajit Pegu also directed the circle officer of Dispur revenue circle to seal the area with immediate effect.
“Any unauthorized entry and exit into the notified containment zone is barred till the area is declared safe as per guidelines of the Centre. Movement of any unauthorized individual and vehicle within the notified area is also prohibited with immediate effect,” an order issued by the DC said.
According to a government notice, the boundary of the containment zone include: KV, CRPF Group Centre (north), Doctor’s residence and barrack no 6 & 7 (south), Amerigog Hill side (east) and Staff quarters (west).
- Should people who are forced to cross borders due to climate change be recognised as refugees?
- Megaherbivores could be a potential solution to manage invasive plants, finds study
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes