Guwahati: Following the detection of six COVID-19 positive cases at CRPF Group Centre, 9th Mile in Guwahati, Kamrup (M) district administration has declared it as a containment zone. This is to maintain public hygiene and to prevent the spread of the virus in the area.
Kamrup (Metro) deputy commissioner Biswajit Pegu also directed the circle officer of Dispur revenue circle to seal the area with immediate effect.
“Any unauthorized entry and exit into the notified containment zone is barred till the area is declared safe as per guidelines of the Centre. Movement of any unauthorized individual and vehicle within the notified area is also prohibited with immediate effect,” an order issued by the DC said.
According to a government notice, the boundary of the containment zone include: KV, CRPF Group Centre (north), Doctor’s residence and barrack no 6 & 7 (south), Amerigog Hill side (east) and Staff quarters (west).
- Photos show N. Korea expanding uranium enrichment plant
- Porns film case: Kundra seeks bail citing ‘no evidence’ against him
- Meghalaya Chief Justice Biswanath Somadder to take charge of Sikkim HC
- Nagaland Lottery September 18: Check Dear Kosai Morning lottery result
- World Bamboo Day: Assam and its bond with this versatile plant
- US court sets aside proposed Trump-era rule on H-1B visa selection