Guwahati: In the biggest one-time spike in cases, 53 people from Assam, 44 of them are from Sarusajai quarantine centre in Guwahati, have tested positive for COVID-19, informed health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Saturday noon. This take’s the state’s total to 319 cases.
Informing about the same, the minister wrote on Twitter, “Alert ~ Fifty three new #COVID19 + cases confirmed – 44 from Sarusajai Quarantine Centre, 7 from Dima Hasao district and 2 from Cachar.
Total cases 319
Active cases 258
Update 1.40 pm / May 23”
With 319 cases, Assam is leading the COVID-19 count among the eight Northeast states. It has 258 active cases, 54 people have recovered, 4 people have passed away and 3 migrated to other states.
- We take allegations of improper actions seriously: Amazon
- North Korea slams US over submarine deal, warns countermeasures
- NFR resumes special train between New Bongaigaon and Guwahati
- WB RS by-poll: TMC’s Sushmita Dev likely to win unopposed
- Realme C25Y available for pre-booking from today: Price, specifications
- Newly sworn-in Punjab CM appeals Centre to repeal farm laws